When flying into Reno-Tahoe International Airport, you’ve landed in a region full of year-round activity. Not only does the region offer annual events, but there is thriving entertainment and nightlife that includes A-list musical artists, comedians and Broadway musicals. Reno-Tahoe also has several athletic events, festivals and farmers markets.
The Reno-Sparks region is host to numerous world-class events such as:
- Reno Jazz Festival (April)
- Reno River Festival (May)
- Street Vibrations (June)
- Reno Rodeo (June)
- Artown (July)
- Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival (July-Aug)
- American Century Celebrity Golf Tournament (July)
- Hot August Nights
- Barracuda Championship, PGA TOUR Golf Tournament (Aug)
- Burning Man (Aug—Sept)
- National Championship Air Races (Sept)
- Balloon Races (Sept)
- Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off (Sept)
With over 500,000 square feet of convention space and over 26,000 hotel rooms, the Reno-Tahoe Region attracts numerous large conventions.
- United States Bowling Congress (USBC) Open Championship (March—July): 70,000 estimated attendees
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (March): 15,000 estimated attendees
- Northern California Volleyball Association Spring Junior Volleyball Tournament (April): 15,000 estimated attendees
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the US (July): 10,000 estimated attendees
For a full list of events and conventions, please go to www.visitrenotahoe.com.